To provide you with an opportunity to review and prioritise change requirements or opportunities with relevant managers; and to consult stakeholders, specialists and experts to assist in the identification of major change requirements and opportunities.
1. Why is it important to review and prioritise change requirements or opportunities with relevant managers and specialists?
Managers can offer an insight into the opportunities for change and their relative priorities.
Managers will be able to see what might and what might not work in practice. They may have views about how staff and customers are likely to respond to the proposed change and they have a pivotal role in making the change successful; without their support it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to achieve the desired results from the proposed changes
To provide you with an opportunity to undertake cost-benefit analysis for high priority change requirements and opportunities.
1. Why is it important to undertake a cost-benefit analysis for high priority change requirements and opportunities?
a) list cost and benefits
b) assign monetary value to costs
c) assign monetary value to benefits
d) prepare budget and sale projections
e) compare costs and benefits
2. Imagine the graphic design company has decided to invest $50,000 in new equipment, staff training and consultancy support to streamline its work flow. What are the potential tangible and intangible benefits to be achieved from this investment?
• improved effectiveness (eg, improved service delivery, improved access)
• improved efficiency (eg, reduced costs, more efficient use of existing resources)
• enabling or supporting other benefits such as:
- achieving best practice standard
- better brand awareness
- good customer goodwill
To provide you with an opportunity to undertake risk analysis and apply problem solving and innovation skills to identify barriers to change and agree and record mitigation strategies.
1. What is the purpose of a risk analysis when developing a change management strategy?
The purpose of risk analysis is to identify potential problems before they occur so that risk-handling activities may be planned and invoked as needed across the life of the product or project to mitigate adverse impacts on achieving objectives.
2. Imagine (Microsoft) a software and a graphic design company is introducing new technology and working practices. What barriers might be encountered?
· Staff resistance to learn new technology and adopt new working practices
· Rivalry between IT department and graphic designers – disagreements about priorities
· Staff lacking an understanding of the need to improve quality and productivity.
3. What mitigation strategies could be implemented to avoid the barriers identified in the previous question above?
· Run a pilot with the new technology to test its application in their own context
· Lease the technology so that the costs of updating are managed over time
· Ensure staff understand the need for the change and the consequences of not changing
· Involve staff in the design of the new system and working practices
· Train the staff in the new technology Reward staff efforts.
To provide you with an opportunity to develop change management project plan.
1. Why is it important to develop a change management project plan?
· It avoids any doubt or confusion as to what should be happening, when and by whom
· It enables the planning and scheduling of key tasks so that they take place in a logical order
· It enables accurate budgeting for the activities involved
· It acts as a communication tool to update interested parties about what is planned and what progress is being made
· It enables the systematic review of progress against the plan so that adjustments can be made if necessary.
2. What key information should be included in the change management project plan?
· Key people involved (e.g. project team leader, project sponsor, project team members, other stakeholders and interested parties)
· Project objectives, ideally linked to organisational objectives
· What is/is not in the scope of the project (i.e. a specific statement of what the project is not looking at)
Our motto is deliver assignment on Time. Our Expert writers deliver quality assignments to the students.
Get reliable and unique assignments by using our 100% plagiarism-free services.
The experienced team of AssignmentHippo has got your back 24*7. Get connected with our Live Chat support executives to receive instant solutions for your assignment problems.
We can build quality assignments in the subjects you're passionate about. Be it Programming, Engineering, Accounting, Finance and Literature or Law and Marketing we have an expert writer for all.
Get premium service at a pocket-friendly rate. At AssignmentHippo, we understand the tight budget of students and thus offer our services at highly affordable prices.