1. Sedimentation is a pollutant primarily because it
A. contains radioactive substances
B. decreases the productivity of a system by clouding the water.
C. contains microorganisms
D. provides a habitat for aquatic organisms to spawn
E. poisons an ecosystem
2. Fertilizers are __________ pollutants.
D. organic chemical
3. Pollution originating from a broken municipal pipe is an example of
A. point source pollution
B. non-point source pollution
4. The most common non-point source of pollution is
A. agriculture runoff
B. construction runoff
C. urban runoff
D. septic systems
5. Wetland vegetation
A. prevent floods and erosion
B. acts as a sponge
C. slows inflowing water
D. increases sedimentation
E. all the choices are correct
6. Thyphoid and dysentery are examples of _______________.
A. Water washed diseases.
B. Water based diseases
C. Water borne diseases
D. Water-vector related diseases
7. The law that regulates public water quality is known as the
8. The United States did not ratify the Law of the Sea in 1982 because of too much restriction on
A. pollution control
B. scientific research
C. resource management
D. seabed mining
9. Which of the following is easier to identify, monitor and regulate?
A. radioactive waste
B. point source pollution
C. agricultural pollution
D. non-point source pollution
10. Controlling insect pests without using toxic pesticides is termed
A. Pest control
B. Integrated pest management
C. Insect management system
D. Toxic-free insect control
11. Which of the following result when nutrient overload causes eutrophication in a lake?
A. bloom of algae
B. oxygen depletion in the water
C. death of fish and other aquatic organisms
D. all of the above.
12. Eutrophication is related to
A. Integrated pest management
C. Nutrient overload
D. Prudent consumption
13. All of the following are integrated pest management techniques EXCEPT
A. Install invasive exotic plants that have no insect predators
B. Plant a variety of species to discourage large populations of any one insect pest
C. Cut off any branch that is heavily infected with pests to prevent spreading
D. Release predator insects such as ladybugs to control pest species like aphids
14. Which of the following support healthy wildlife populations in the areas where coffee is grown?
A. Shade grown coffee
B. Organically grown coffee
C. Fair trade coffee
D. All of the above
E. Both a and b are correct.
15. Which of the following is true?
A. The most effective long term solution to pollution is source reduction/elimination.
B. Since phosphate and nitrate are plant nutrients needed for growth, the more fertilizer you put on plants the better.
C. There are no decomposers that can break down oil, so once oil is released into the ocean, it will be there indefinitely
D.Inorganic fertilizer is a more sustainable choice for fertilizing your plants than compost.
Our motto is deliver assignment on Time. Our Expert writers deliver quality assignments to the students.
Get reliable and unique assignments by using our 100% plagiarism-free services.
The experienced team of AssignmentHippo has got your back 24*7. Get connected with our Live Chat support executives to receive instant solutions for your assignment problems.
We can build quality assignments in the subjects you're passionate about. Be it Programming, Engineering, Accounting, Finance and Literature or Law and Marketing we have an expert writer for all.
Get premium service at a pocket-friendly rate. At AssignmentHippo, we understand the tight budget of students and thus offer our services at highly affordable prices.