Following is one way to troubleshoot this problem:
1. In the Support Office, begin troubleshooting the problem by verifying the scope of the connectivity problem.From the workstation, ping the computer in the Networking Closet and ping the Internet Service Provider (ISP)(pinging the computer in the Networking Closet succeeds, but the ping to the ISP fails).
2. In Office 2, verify the connectivity problem between the workstation and all other workstations in the network(pinging to all other workstations in the network succeeds, but the ping to the ISP fails). Both Steps 1 and 2confirm that there is not a physical connectivity problem in the local network. The problem most likely isrelated to the IP configuration for the network.
3. In the Support Office, open the command prompt and use the ipconfig /all command to check the Local AreaConnection configuration. You should notice the following problems:
a. The default gateway address is incorrectly configured with 192.168.0.4. This is why the workstation inthis scenario can only communicate with hosts on the local network, but not on the Internet.
b. The DHCP Enabled line is Yes, meaning that the workstation is configured to use a DHCP server.
c. The DHCP Server address listed is 192.168.0.10. This is the correct DHCP server address. Theworkstation received addressing and default gateway information from the correct DHCP server.Therefore, the DHCP server has been configured to give out the wrong default gateway address.
4. In the Networking Closet computer (CorpServer), open the CorpDHCP12 guest server and launch the DHCPconsole to reconfigure the settings for the DHCP scope:
a. In Hyper-V Manager, click CORPSERVER. Expand the window to view all virtual machines.
b. Right-click the CorpDHCP12 server and click Connect.
c. In Server Manager, click Tools > DHCP to start the DHCP console.
d. Expand the node for the CorpDHCP12 server, and then expand the IPv4 node.
e. Expand Scope [192.168.0.1] Subnet1, and then select Scope Options.
f. Right-click the 003 Router option and click Properties.
g. Add 192.168.0.5 and remove 192.168.0.4 from the option.
h. Click OK or Apply to apply the change.
5. In the Support Office, issue the ipconfig /renew command. This will request the new IP address informationfrom the DHCP server, and it will reconfigure the settings for the Local Area Connection.
6. In the Support Office, use the ipconfig /all command to check the Local Area Connection configuration. Youshould notice the line for the default gateway is now correctly configured as 192.168.0.5.
7. In the Support Office, confirm the resolution of the problem by pinging the ISP. The ping to the ISP succeeds.
8. In Office 2, repeat steps 5 through 7 to fix the problem for that workstation.
Our motto is deliver assignment on Time. Our Expert writers deliver quality assignments to the students.
Get reliable and unique assignments by using our 100% plagiarism-free.
Get connected 24*7 with our Live Chat support executives to receive instant solutions for your assignment.
Get Help with all the subjects like: Programming, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Law and Marketing.
Get premium service at a pocket-friendly rate at AssignmentHippo
I was struggling so hard to complete my marketing assignment on brand development when I decided to finally reach to the experts of this portal. They certainly deliver perfect consistency and the desired format. The content prepared by the experts of this platform was simply amazing. I definitely owe my grades to them.