Dubai Grants 6,79,389 Entry Permits to GCC Immigrants in the Last 2 Years
In a significant move, the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai has issued a staggering 6,79,389 Entry Permits to immigrant residents in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations over the past two years. Colonel Omar Ali Al Shamsi, the Assistant Director-General for Residency and Entry Permits, shared this information, highlighting the UAE’s commitment to facilitating the entry of residents from neighboring countries.
- Entry Permits Breakdown:
- GDRFA provided 3,21,109 permits in 2017 and 3,58,280 permits in 2018 to immigrant residents in GCC nations.
- 24/7 Visa Department:
- The Visa department operates round the clock to process Entry Permits for immigrant residents in GCC nations, excluding GCC nationals who do not require an Entry Permit.
- E-Visa Approval Process:
- Upon approval of the permit, an e-mail with the E-Visa will be sent to the applicants, allowing them to arrive in the UAE.
- Validity and Extension:
- The UAE Entry Permits have a standard validity of 30 days from the date of issuance, with an option for extension for an additional 30 days through the GDRFA website.
- Online Visa Formalities:
- All Visa formalities, including payment, can be conveniently completed online, eliminating the need for visitors to stop at the airport for Visa application or fee payment.
Ensuring a Joyful Visit:
- Streamlined Processes:
- Colonel Omar Ali Al Shamsi emphasized the GDRFA’s commitment to ensuring a pleasant visit for all. Online Visa processes and payments have been streamlined to enhance the overall experience for visitors.
- Visitor Convenience:
- Visitors are not required to undergo Visa application or fee payment procedures at the airport, enhancing the convenience of the entry process.
- Strict Adherence Encouraged:
- Major Saeed Khalfan Al Suwaidi, Head of Entry Permits, GCC Residents Section at Dubai International Airport, cautioned visitors against overstaying. Overstaying incurs a fine of Dh 200 for the first day and Dh 100 for each subsequent day.
Dubai’s issuance of a substantial number of Entry Permits underscores its commitment to fostering seamless entry for GCC immigrant residents. The digitalization of Visa processes aligns with the UAE’s vision for an efficient and welcoming environment for visitors. As the nation continues to prioritize visitor satisfaction, these initiatives contribute to Dubai’s standing as a preferred destination for individuals from neighboring GCC nations.
To Know more about UAE Entry Permits! Contact with us