Competency Demonstration Report
CDR also called as competency demonstration report is a technical statement that are demanded by EA from the overseas engineer who desire to work in Australia.
Details required in CDR:
Before beginning with CDR, students need to have the following details:
- Record of academic career and projects undertaken.
- Students must know their target or field for applying.
- Record of the problem faced in the organization and its effect on the overall output.
- Your role in eliminating the problem.
- Details on team work.
- Details on your effort to eradicate the problem.
All these are the necessary details that is required in CDR. Hence, students must be sure that they have all these details beforehand, in order to avoid any hurdle while progressing with CDR.
Documents required in CDR:
There are certain documents that are required for framing CDR. Without proper record, it is impossible to frame an accurate CDR. Hence, the document required are:
- Firstly, the form of CDR that can be easily downloaded from EA.(Engineers Australia)
- Declaration page duly signed by the applicant.
- Summary statements.
- Result of IELTS.
- All the academic document attested by official translation agency.
- Proof for competency on English language.
- Three career episode describing knowledge and practice.
- Copy of identification of photo
Though all the above materials can be easily collected, but the most challenging is the three career episodes. It is also the important portion where most of the students lack behind thus, resulting in rejection of the form.
Some important points on three career episode are:
- Limitation in word count for each episode.
- Description of those work completed by you.
- Use of first person while describing about the career episode.
- Presentation of report in proper way to describe every point of the project and the strategies used to solve the problem.
- Narrative way of writing must be adapted.
- Correctly choosing three learning experience that can demonstrate your skills and competencies.
- Summary statement must include the element of competency that is demonstrated.
- Description of your role in team projects.
- Moreover, proper knowledge of engineering and its practical implication in professional field is the must.
These points must be carefully read and fulfilled while framing CDR. But the guidelines on CDR are renewed each year, so in order to understand those guidelines, students can visit the official website of EA.
Completing CDR is not an easy task, it requires lots of time, research and practice. Even a sight mistake can result in rejection of the form which puts all your effort in vain. So, you can go for CDR writing services offered by assignmenthippo.com. Experienced professionals are appointed here to do this job, thus they make sure that your CDR is accurately framed meeting all the prescribed guidelines. Online service for re-evaluation of CDR is also offered to students by this Assignment Help site at minimal rate.
So, to avoid many attempts and trials and make CDR accepted at once, student can visit this online site for any assistance. You can even have the sample CDR here that can be a helpful source in proper CDR construction.
Engineer's Australia Migration Process and Details for CDR Writing Help
Engineering Education Australia is a recognized name in Australia in the field of learning and training and the development arm of Engineers Australia.
Occupational Categories in Engineering:
Engineers Australia recognizes three types of engineering categories for study:
- Professional Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Engineering Associate
In case of Migration, there is also a separate category known as Engineering Manager.
The required academic qualification includes:
- A 4 years degree in an Australian University.
- 12 years of schooling in a reputed school or an equivalent.
Assignment Module of the Professional Engineer Includes:
- Complete focus on overall activities.
- Helps in the application of the systemic application to the conduction of systematic projects including the systematic design process and the engineering synthesis.
- It allows for the real-time application of leadership and management skills in the application of the engineering methods to complex engineering problems.
- A 3 years Bachelor’s degree in Technology from an Australian University.
- 12 years of schooling or equivalent.
- It provides a focus on the interaction of the systems.
- It provides for an application of the different technologies and training methodologies for the engineering systems.
Academic qualification :
- A 2 years Advanced Diploma or an Associate Degree in Engineering from an Australian University.
- 12 years of schooling or equivalent.
Assignment Module Includes :
- Provides a basic insight into the concerned system.
- Provides technical support to the managers and the trained engineers in the fields of research, design and allied.
- Helps in the resource allocation and the site inspection and the other associated features.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering from an Australian University.
- 12 years of schooling or equivalent.
Assignment Module Includes:
- Projects in the formulation of strategies and plans.
- Helps in the review and administration of the engineering operations in an organization.
English Language Requirement:
All the skills of the applicants will be assessed by the Engineers Australia team, but the applicants should have the proficiency of English Language and the proven competency in the concerned language in one of the following tests:
Engineers Australia accepts both the general and academic versions of the concerned tests.
Engineers Australia accepts the TOEFL Ibt English language proficiency test.
Engineers Australia accepts the Pearsons PTE Academic test.
The following table indicates the minimal score for each module:
|IELTS||TOEFL iBT®||PTE ACADEMIC™|
Applicants are requested to upload their reference number and test results (IELTS test report form number, TOEFL iBT® registration number and PTE ACADEMIC registration no.).
The above mentioned 3 test results should not be more than 2 years of submission of their academic application for the degree or course of their desired results.
The following applicants will be exempted from the English language proficiency test:
- Applicants who have completed an Australian Undergraduate engineering qualification or a 2-year Master’s Degree (92 weeks full time) or
- Australian University Ph.D.
- Proper documentation of all the results is required for the exemption purpose.
- Applicants who are native English speakers.
Pathways to Migration:
The generally recommended 5 application migration are:
(a) Accredited Qualifications.
- Australian Qualifications
- Washington Accord Qualifications
- Sydney Accord Qualifications
- Dubin Accord Qualifications.
(b) Non-Accredited Qualification/ Engineering Manager:
- Competency Demonstration Report (CDR).
The applicants are required to submit an online application form. Reference can be made to the MSA online Application Users Guide to be ensured about the fact that the applications are submitted correctly. If there still lies any problem with the application then the applicants may do directly contact the concerned authorities.
Using a Migration Agent:
If the applicant desires to take the help of an agent, he or she may do so by the providing the agent with EA ID/CID/ membership number. If the concerned applicant doesn’t have a number then the agent will be able to provide one for them and will then generate an initiation of the application for the concerned.
Fees for Assessment:
The current assessment fees will be displayed on the website.
The following methods of the payment are acceptable:
- Credit Card (Visa, Master and American Express).
- BPAY (An invoice of the paid process should be obtained.).
Alternative methods of payment are also available on request.
N.B: The fees once paid are nonrefundable.
The applicants will be allowed to check their online status by clicking their web portal.
In case of a successful assessment, the outcome assessment letter for the concerned migration process will be sent to the concerned applicant by email. The applicant is allowed for the online verification of the concerned letter.
Appealing the Assessment Outcome:
If a person is not satisfied with the outcome process he/she may do the following:
- Option 1: Application for an informal review can be made. The time for this concerted activity is 3 months from the date of the issue of the letter.
- Option 2: Application for a formal appeal can be made. The stipulated time for the concerted activity is 6 months from the date of issue of the letter.
- The fees for the application can be found on the website.
- The informal review may take 8 weeks and the formal appeal may take 3 months processing time.
The information provided by the candidate or the applicant may be used by the concerned institution for data matching with the Australian Government agencies. Misleading and false information can be considered as a major issue in the concerned scenario.
Assessment of Accredited Qualifications:
The accredited type of the qualifications is the Australian and the other types of the Overseas Qualifications and are recognized through the formal International agreements.
Engineers Australia is a signatory to the three different types of International agreements:
The Washington Accord, The Dublin Accord and the Sydney Accord. The assessment of the Australian and the Accord accredited qualifications is based primarily on the undergraduate qualifications. Some postgraduate qualifications are considered as standalone qualifications.
The minimum academic requirement of an Engineers Australia is an Advanced Diploma of Australian origin.
Occupational Outcome: This type of outcome generally reflects the outcome of the title or the content of the degree.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
In case an applicant has received a credit /recognition of the prior learning (RPL), the applicant will have to submit the original documents.
Accord Accredited Qualifications:
Only the qualifications based on the signatory countries can be considered. Only the qualification gained in or after the country gained full signatory status can be considered.
- The Australian Qualifications: Graduates of the accredited Australian engineering programmes are eligible for the migration skills assessment with the help of Australian Engineering Qualification application pathway.
- The Washington Accord: Only those qualifications that are considered as publicly listed by the relevant authorities will be considered with the help of the Washington Accord.
- The Sydney Accord: Only those qualifications that are considered as publicly listed by the relevant authorities will be considered with the help of the Washington Accord.
- The Dublin Accord: Only those qualifications that are considered as publicly listed by the relevant authorities will be considered with the help of the Washington Accord.
Recent passport-style photograph (35mm x 45mm)
Prime Identification Document (current type passport, only the page including the photo and name)
Academic degree certificate.
The Complete and the official type of the academic transcript (including the recognition of the prior learning)
Resume / CV
- IELTS, TOEFL iBT® or PTE ACADEMIC™ result
- Officially change the name of the documents whenever and wherever necessary.
The Following Should not be submitted:
- Certified copy of Original Documents.
- Scans of Black and White nature.
- Scanned copy of the photographs.
- The scans should have a resolution of 300 dpi.
- A document should not be uploaded multiple times.
In case of the above-mentioned options, the processing will be delayed to a great extent.
Assessment of the Non-Accredited qualifications:
This section deals with the CDR (Competency Demonstration Report). The CDR is mainly based on the undergraduate qualifications and the demonstrated graduate competencies.
Applicants will have to provide the documents of:
- The Core Technical Engineering Knowledge.
- Reflection of the demonstrated knowledge in the application.
The CDR should be based on the own type of work.
- The steps in the preparation of CDR:
Components of a CDR :
1. Personal type Information
1.1 Passport style of photo: A clear and a current passport-style of a photograph of the applicant.
1.2 Prime type of ID: An updated resume. In extreme cases, a scanned document of the Certificate of Birth and/or the National Identity Card may / can also be considered.
1.3 documentation of Name change: If the current name doesn’t match the old name, then it has to be updated. This may include the following: Gazette publication, an official letter/ a certificate issued by the concerned registry.
1.4 CV: A complete and updated CV.
2. Information about Application:
2.1. Occupation: Proper selection of the engineering occupation should be made.
2.2. Registration: any evidence of the professional experience should be submitted and uploaded if applicable.
3 Education: All the academic and the degree certificates should be furnished.
4 Employment Report: Candidates are required to provide documentary evidence of their work experience.
This section includes the following:
- Continuation of the Professional Development.
- Three career episodes.
- Summary statements.
5.1 CPD identification and interpretation: The most up to date method of reporting and gaining graded up is with the help of CPD. All the relevant CPD should be included in the proper type of CDR application. The proper form of CPD should have the following in the list format (the title, the date, the span, and the location) and it should include the details of:
- a formal type of study after graduation (Post Graduation in nature);
- conferences in which the applicant has delivered papers or has attended;
- Different types of technical discussions, short technical; courses and other seminars that the applicant has attended;
- Preparation and presentation of documents for various types of symposia and seminars;
- Different types of services to the engineering profession.
The format of the Career Episodes:
- Introduction (approx. 100 words): The general introduction includes the following: • the sequence: the dates of startup and the duration of the concerned • The location of the organization where the concerned experience was gained; • the organizations name; • the position or the title occupied by the concerned.
- Background (200–500 words) : This section deals with the type, nature and the proper description of the job done: • the type of the engineering project; • the objectives of the concerned project in particular; • the nature of the job; • hierarchy chart with the position of the concerned clearly marked in it; • a workflow of duties .
- Personal Engineering Activity (500–1000 words) This section deals with the key aspects of the particulars of the work done. This section deals with the actual type of the job done by the concerned. The concerned is required to clearly state the ways of the performance of the job and the exact nature of the job that he/she has performed. This section deals with the proper analysis of the work done by the concerned here the concerned should clearly state his/her job role. It should be remembered that the personal activities of the concerned will be assessed depending on the practical work done.
- Summary (50–100 words) This section deals with the total amount of the practical work exposure: • overall project views; • the fate of the project regarding the type of the achievements of the goals; • personal contribution level to the completion of the project.
5.2 3 tier Career Episodes: A career episode is an accountability of the different types of the educational qualifications and the work experience undertaken by the concerned applicant.
5.3 Preparation of the Summary Statement The different types of the elements for each type of the occupational category are found to be listed in the following types of pages. The concerned type of Appendix will give a detailed type of description of each of the competency type of the element for each type of the category.
- Recent type of passport type of photograph (35mm x 45mm)
- Prime Identification Document
- Certificate of academic degrees.
- A complete type of academic transcript.
- Resume / CV.
- IELTS, TOEFL iBT® or PTE ACADEMIC™ result
- Change of name as and where required.
- Registration Certificate of the concerned authority.
- Documented employment evidence.
- List of CPD
- 3(Three) Career Episodes
- Summary Statement for the concerned nominated type of category
- Translation of the official documents in English as and when needed.
This category of additional assessment services is only applicable to the applicants of the below-mentioned attributes:
- Applicants in need of an urgent skill assessment and/ or
- Applicants having a doctorate degree/ or
- Applicants that have received work application in their nominated sector.
Applicants can apply for one or all of the below-mentioned services as per the desirability:
- Fast Track: Applicants who are in need of an urgent need of a skill-based assessment can apply for the concerned option. The details of the concerned course will be advertised on the website of the concerned assessor.
- Online Application process: Coloured scan of the original document is a must for the concerned course module.
- Overseas Assessment of Ph.D. in Engineering: This section deals with the critical type of evaluative assessment of the various types of Australian based degrees and the relevant work exposures. Applicants in the requirement of the concerned service should provide:
- A relevant fee.
- Colour scan of the original academic documentation.
- A list of the Doctoral programm examiners
- Publications made during and after the Doctoral programme.
- An abstract or summary of the thesis.
- Relevance in Skilled Employment: Applicants seeking for this service must submit the original scanned documents.
- Documented Evidence: It will include Primary and the Secondary Documents.
- Skilled Employment Assessment for the Employees: The assessment for this type depends on the furnishing of the primary and the second type of the skilled employment details as furnished by the concerned.
- Skilled Employment Assessment for the Self Employed: The assessment of each type of the self-employment period is practically based on the details of furnishing of the primary and the second type of the documents in support of the entire span of the period of the self-employment status of the concerned.
- Important Notes: Work experience cannot be claimed before the completion of the fully furnished qualification of the concerned. Work experience relevance and validity depends on the payment of the same at the market rates for the professionals who are on a salary basis.
- Recognition: In case of the determination of whether the applicant's relevant information about the said field is justified the ultimate decision will be taken by the team of the Engineers Australia under the ANZSCO classification of the occupations.
They are required to take different types of responsibility for the different engineering projects and the programs in the truest sense of the term. This includes the different aspects such as the consistent functioning of all materials, different types of components, the sub-systems and also of the technologies being used; their proper type of integration to form a totally dependable complete, sustainable and also a self-consistent system; and also about all types of the interactions that may between the so-called technical system and also of and about the context within which it is functional. They are responsible for the proper interpretation of the technological possibilities to the society, the business and also of the government; they are responsible for the proper understanding of the requirements of the different types of clients, the wide-ranging of the stakeholders and of the society as a complete discrete unit. They are responsible for the proper development of the knowledge to bear up from the multiple sources to sustain and develop the solutions to the different complex problems and also about the issues, for the proper insurability that the technical and also the non-technical considerations that are properly integrated, and for the managing risk as well as the different types of the sustainability issues. These professionals may conduct different types of research concerned with the different types of disciplines like the advancement of the science of engineering and also with the developing of the new principles and the different types of the innovative technologies that may be encompassed within the broad engineering silvered discipline. They are professionals who are responsible to train, develop and also to establish their own companies or to develop their own professional attributes in their concerned disciplines.
Professional Engineers Knowledge and Skill Base:
- A theory based understanding of the natural and the physical sciences with the different types of the engineering fundamentals applicable to the engineering discipline.
- Conceptual analysis of the computer, analytics and also information sciences underlines with the engineering discipline.
- In-depth understanding of the specialized body of knowledge with the engineering discipline.
- Research and innovative development in the field of Engineering.
- Knowledge of the contextual disciplines like identification and the understanding of the interactions between the different fields of the engineering systems and also of the people in the different sectors of the social, the cultural, the environmental, the commercial, the legal and the political contexts in which they are operational, emphasizing on the positive role of the engineering in the practical field.
- Understanding the different tangible and the intangible factors of the contemporary engineering practice in the specific disciplines. It helps in the application of the systematic principles of the engineering design that are relevant to the concerned fields of the engineering discipline. It helps in the proper insurability of the different principles of the safety engineering, the risk management and the other allied aspects of the safety engineer. Helps in the understanding of the basic principles of the domain of the engineering in respect of planning, organizing and managing the different types of the resources.
Professional Engineers Engineering Application ability:
- Application of the established engineering methods for complex engineering solving problems.
- Fluent application of the different types of the engineering techniques, tools and the resources.
- Application of the systematic engineering synthesis and the design processes.
- Application of the systematic processes for the conduct and management of the engineering projects.
Professional Engineers Professional and Personal Attributes:
- Complete knowledge and understandability of the ethical and professional accountability.
- Effective oral and the written communication in the engineering layout
- Specialized module on such topics as creative and a proactive management.
- The module of the perfect and professional use of the Management information systems.
- Management of the self and professional conduct.
- Module on the specialized team management and team leadership.
Engineering Technologists are normally seen to operate within the broadly-defined and prescribed technical environments, and they do also undertake a wide range of versatile and diversified functions and hardcore responsibilities. They are most often seen and recognized as high level, skilled and trained professionals of the concerned engineering technology or the different types of the engineering-related technology (the specific type of the technology domain), and also the term in its specific and concerted activity in its implementation, execution, the variation or the administration, in a so-called diversity of the different circumstances. The work of the said specialist’s associations the legalized need for a very durable consideration of the real-world situations and the presentations, with the detailed and the rational encounter of keeping up-to-date of the forward-looking type of the developments as an emblematic type of the high-quality activity in an alarmed know-how domain and also how these things do get themselves related to the conventional repetition. The Engineering Technicians are commonly seen to take the accountability for the dissimilar types of the engineering projects, the services, the functions and the facilities within a typical technology domain, for the specific interactions with the other aspects of an overall type of the operating context and also for managing the contributions of the work of the specialist to work to a broader type of the engineering system or the typical solution. In the different types of the roles of the so-called Engineering Technologists it has been seen that they must focus on the sustainable explanations and the practices which have been seen to optimize the technical, the social, the environmental and the economic outcomes within the silver lining of the technological domain and also over a complete type of life cycle. The so-called Engineering Technicians must also safeguard that all the characteristics of the so-called technological merchandise or the operation should be all-encompassing and practically based on the theory and of the ultimate principle.
The Engineering Associates has been seen to exhibit a wide range of functions in the concerned discipline of engineering. The roles based activity of such professionals may include such attributes as the investigation of the feasibility, the practical based applicability of scoping, the establishing of the pre-defined criteria/performance measures, the concrete way of assessing and reporting of the technical and the different types of the procedural options; the typical need and importance of the design and development; The Engineering Associates are also seen to be meticulously associated with the understanding of the different morals and the enigmas of practice, and also to become an expert in the clarification and also the solicitation to a superior and broader variety of dissimilar types of the situations. In the other cases, the Engineering Associates have been seen to develop a high level of know-how in the practical fields of engineering. It may include, the use of different types of advanced types of software to accomplish the meticulous design of various types of edifices, the different types of the mechanical constituents and the systems, the different types of the engineering or the process plant, the electrical and the electronic equipment, the data and the communications systems, and also different types and so forth. The Engineering Associates must have a good grounding in the fields of the engineering science and also of the different types of the principles that are fundamental to their typical field of relevant expertise, in order to safeguard that their knowledge and the diverse type of their acquired skill and relevant parameters do have a compatibility of the said skills that are portable across the different applications and also of the different types of the situations within the wider field of real-time practice. The said type of the competencies of the Engineering Associates that equip them to have a certification of the quality of the concerned engineering work and the condition of the equipment and also of the systems in the guidelines of the defined circumstances, that are laid down in the recognized standards and also of the codes of regular practice. The said professionals may also lead or be able to manage teams in an appropriate to these types of the concerted activities. Some of these types of professionals may be seen to start their own type of the companies or they may also interchange into the post of high-ranking management of different types of enterprises.
The Engineering Manager is a specialized great level of the decision-making position involving the preparation of the engineering policies, of the different types of policies and the different set of plans and also the direction, the administration and the different types of the review of the engineering operations for a typical type of an organization.