accounts, granting or revoking a limited subset of their organization’s roles, and changing passwords.
Maintaining People and Users
• Reset passwords
• Grant users access to different parts of the system by assigning or revoking roles
• The Query Person Details (UMX_PERSON_OBJECT) permission for the set of people and administrator can manage.
• Optionally, the Edit Person Details (UMX_OBJECT_EDIT_PERSON) permission for the set of people that the administrator can manage.
3. Manage the generated list of people or users by clicking the required icon and performing the necessary steps in the resulting window. Options for managing people and users vary depending on the permissions assigned to the administrator. Oracle User Management ships with the following basic and advanced options for maintaining people and users:
|Oracle User Management Setup and Administration|
• Maintain system accounts
• Assign or revoke roles
• Common prerequisites, as detailed in the Maintain People and Users section, Common Prerequisites, page 3-19.
• The Create, Inactivate, Reactivate User Account (UMX_OBJ_ACTIVATE_ACCT) permission for the set of people that the administrator can manage.
3. Enter or modify the required information and click the Submit button.
To reset user passwords, an administrator must be assigned the following:
• In the Maintain People and Users section, see the Common Prerequisites, page 3-19.
3-20 Oracle Applications System Administrator’s Guide - Security