100 ◾ Networking for Big Data
contract charge model, as the former is widely employed by ISPs in the real world. The current system model, online algorithms as well as corresponding competitive analysis do not straightforwardly extend to the 95th-percentile cost model; new ideas and techniques may be required for this more realistic scenario.
3. Human Genome Pro
10. E. E. Schadt, M. D. LP. Nolan, Computational solutions to large-scale data management and analysis, Nat Rev Genet, 11(9), 647–657, 09 20
16. M. Lin, A. Wierman, L. L. Andrew, and E. Thereska, Dynamic right-sizing for power-propor- tional data centers, in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2011.
17. V. Mathew, R. Sitaraman, and P. Shenoy, Energy-aware load balancing in content delivery net- works, in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2012.
21. B. Heintz, A. Chandra, and R. K. Sitaraman, Optimizing MapReduce for Highly Distributed Environments, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, Tech. Rep., 2012.
22. L. Zhang, C. Wu, Z. Li, C. Guo, M. Chen, and F. Lau, Moving Big Data to the cloud: An online cost-minimizing approach, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 31(12), 2710–2721, 2013.
27. D. K. Goe, Y. R. Yang, and Y. Zhang, Optimizing cost and performance for multihoming, in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, 2004.
28. A. Grothey and X. Yang, Top-percentile traffic routing problem by dynamic programming, Optimization and Engineering, 12, 631–655, 2011.