• No unused data in RRD files.
• No wasted polling for the same data, which can cause timeouts and increased load These templates offer the following improvements:
• Versioning and backwards compatibility.
• Integration with other Percona software, such as Percona Server and Percona Toolkit.
• Easy to install and configure.
In addition, the software supports a much easier way to generate graphs and templates than you will find elsewhere, so you can create your own custom graphs of anything you desire. If you need help with this, Percona can also assist with that.
My Cacti error log has many lines like “WARNING: Result from CMD not valid. Partial Result: U” What’s wrong? Please read and follow the directions at .
Running poller.php or the PHP script shows the correct output, but I see nothing in the graphs in Cacti. Why?
Check your webserver log. PHP might have run out of memory. If you see something like “Al-lowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10 bytes)” then you should increase memory_limit in your php.ini file and restart the webserver. Check that you’ve changed the cor-rect php.ini file. If the problem persists, you might be changing the wrong one or doing it wrong.
Some users have reported that they need to add ini_set('memory_limit', '64M'); to the top of include/global.php.
See the documentation on customizing the templates.
Installing Percona Monitoring Plugins for Cacti
|Chapter 2. Templates for Cacti|