Minimum Spanning Tree Algorithm
- Definition of the spanning tree: A spanning tree of a graph G associated with n nodes is a tree which has all of the n nodes from the graph so that each and every edge of the tree is definitely an edge in the graph.
- Definition: when the edges have weights, then the weight of a tree is the sum of the weights of the edges of the tree.
- Statement from the MST problem:
- Input : A weighted connected graph G = ( V, E ). The weights tend to be symbolized through the 2D array (matrix) W[ 1:n, 1:n ], where W[ i, j ] may be the weight associated with edge ( i, j ).
- Problem: Find a minimum-weight spanning tree associated with G.
Important topics in Minimum Spanning Tree