Assignment Abroad in Jordan
As you know Jordan is located in the Middle-east and initially shares the borders with Saudi Arabia, Israel, Syria, and Iraq & Palestine and is basically in proximity to Lebanon and Egypt. It basically boasts up many of the characteristics you generally expect to find in the Middle-east such as loving devotion to delicious food, Vibrant Bazaars and a neighborly atmosphere. It also provides with a delightful blend of natural beauty and all kinds of modern amenities. It generally invites people from the country to come and enjoy and also explore the middle-east with gusto and excitement. Jordan country offers students a variety of different programs and a great traveling experience at the same time.
STUDY ABROAD JORDAN PROGRAMS
Here, students can entirely spend their summer, academic year or semester only while studying abroad in Jordan and at the same time, they can work as an intern or volunteer in Jordan. It doesn’t matter what they choose as they can still pursue the academic credit, resume-enhancing opportunities and get to experience internationally too.
It doesn’t matter how long you spend your time in Jordan you just need to make sure:
- Experience the magic of the dead sea
- Visit Jordan’s cities and also the small villages
- Explore each part of the country only by camelback
- Share food or chat with locals
One of the most interesting facts is that if you’re a man you should duly wait to shake a local’s women hand out there until she offers it to you and if you’re women you should actually wait to shake a local man’s hand until he offers it to you. This duly means that you are respecting their religion and culture value in between the men and the women.
Apart from being a small country, Jordan duly provides a large amount of unique and amazing things to do and to see or watch as you study here. It is initially located in the center of the Egypt and Mesopotamia, and these countries initially serve as a crossroads and eventually have maintained the cultural influences of both great civilizations. Students who come to study here in Jordan will get to have the opportunity to watch its religion and the modernity collide such as float in the dead sea, ride a camel, visit historic ruins in the city of Petra. Apart from the number of ancient and biblical sights out their students who initially thrive on energy will not get bored there easily because Jordan is considered to be a home to few modern cities out there and this is reason students have a great advantage of traveling around the region on their free days or weekends.
As you know Jordan is Located in western Asia that is on the east bank of the Jordan River. However, a large part of Jordan is covered by the Arabian Desert and there it enjoys a Mediterranean climate basically with the average temperatures up to 55 degrees in the winter and 90 degrees in summer appropriately. Jordan is both inhabited by the Arab Population and European population and it is close to 1000 American students that are already studying in abroad each year and hence it is considered to be the second most famous study abroad destination in the Middle-east and also the second most famous destination in the Arab world.
Here you’ll find a list of Programs offered in Jordan and is considered to be an index to international education in Jordan that eventually list the University level study abroad, volunteer, internships & an intensive language school program which is oriented to American college and University students in common. Some of the postgraduate and pre-college options are also included.
Jordan is considered to be a large desert plateau with basically highlands in the west. However, it demands the supplemental assistance from the foreign government assures Jordan’s cooperation with the international partners that profits the United States because of Jordan’s strategic location. However, Jordan’s initially plays a host to numerous international students who are duly interested in determining middle eastern politics and the culture at the institutions just like the University of Jordan’s center for the strategic studies and this is Located in the Jordanian capital city of Amman.
The Jordan’s location in the country is however considered fundamental to American’s national safety and this eventually means that the central government spends the money in scholarship support in order to send students there. So, if you’re receiving a Pell grant here and want to study in Jordan then you may apply for an award initially from the appropriate program. It is initially designed to send more diversified population of the students studying abroad only by removing financial obstacles.
Here are 5 surprises about studying abroad in Jordan you really need to know:
- Service: Here the service industry is totally different from what one can imagine or used to think in the majority of all the restaurants all across America. N Amman, the meals are leisurely and usually do last over an hour in order to allow people to interact and food to settle. The staffs there do not disturb you unless and until the food is ready to serve and there are most of the menus are in English but the version of the food is actually different from that served in American counterparts. For example: In some American cities Burritos are known to be Sandwiches. There most of the food is made by hand and it is quite refreshing and if we talk about the local cuisine where it is overwhelmingly delicious and affordable. For 1 USD two falafel Sandwiches are served there i.e. 70 Jordanian Garish.
- Weather Conditions: The weather over there is pretty predictable most of the time and season are mild but it is still a local treat in order to get snow in Amman. There was a time when the entire city was shut down over 13 centimeters and all the classes were initially canceled at the universities. The city then cleaned up all the streets with the bulldozers and cleared the path too quickly. Once the snow melted there the streets were initially flooded because of the drainage system was not appropriate and it actually seemed like a holiday weekend.
- Transportation: In Amman, gestures and honking are considered to be an extension for any vehicle because there the streets are initially filled with people and taxis in order to make their own lanes and there is no such thing as a shoulder and this is because people use it as a different No one really pays any attention to the speed limits there. In Amman, taxis were considered to be the main mode of traveling for the people who don’t own a car and if you really have to reach somewhere quickly taxis were the one way. Each and every taxi there had a certification and ammeter that displays the price and it is doubled in the night.
- School: In Amman, schools are totally different from what we can imagine or we’ve seen but one of the main differences is only that it benefits the minority. The signs on the building are always in Arabic and students there stay in classrooms only while the teachers come and go. The subject matter provided there was really amazing and the teacher was extremely intelligent which a good thing is.
- People: The people here are not what one can think of. The generosity of people here is sometimes overwhelming. You might find people here on streets with straight faces and even wearing looks and they sometimes seem to be angry or rude but if you want to ask something to someone you can stop them and ask and they will reply to you in a responsive and a polite manner
Here are top universities in Jordan that you must be aware of:
- Queen Noor Civil Aviation Technical College: the college is located in Jordan and was essential established as a technical training center in the year 1973 with the aid of ICAO and UNDP in order to provide the Jordanian Airports with all the qualified employees. However, in favor of great efforts and increasing efficiency this center was initially granted the status of college which was licensed to at least teach two-year programs and award the community college diplomas in order to get specialized training. In the year 1990, this college became one of the founding parts of the ICAO TRAINAIR Program.
- Royal Jordanian Air Academy: this academy was initially established in the year 1966 and RJAA stands for the regional leader in flight training in order to become the first and largest flight academy in the middle-east and also in the North-Africa. This academy was initially certified by the Jordanian Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission and it was initially recognized by the international civil aviation Organization at the same time accordingly with the European Aviation Safety Agency Regulations.
- Yarmouk University: This university was basically founded by the Royal Decree in the year 1976 and it was considered to be a leading institution in higher education and was also considered to be the second largest university in Jordan YU and has been famous for its dedication and hard-work to service because of its innovative approach that has been given to the academic management and the human resource development. It basically works in the research and instruction and as of 2016 this university have already enrolled 37000 students in the three levels first is bachelors degree, masters degree and diploma courses.
- Amman Arab University: This University was initially established in the year 1999 and was considered to be a private university which was majorly specialized in the graduate studies only under the title “Amman Arab University for graduate studies”. It is considered to be the first University in Jordan that initially offers D. programs. However, in the year 2009, the University initially admitted the first batch of bachelor’s degree students and its name was initially changed to “Amman Arab University”.
- Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Graduate school of Business: This is considered to be the first school of its kind in this Arab World that initially represents the partnership between the public and the private sectors. It was initially founded in order to provide educational opportunities to all the international students out there.
- The University of Jordan- School of Business: This University was both a modern and one of the ancient institutions only for the higher education in Jordan. It was initially established in the year 1962 as this University have initially applied for the advancement of the knowledge. The University of Jordan initially enables its students in order to select a wide range of programs and more than 3500 different courses are initially offered by around 18 faculties in total.
- Jerash University: This University was founded in the year 1993 and was also considered to be the first private University that was initially established in north part of Jordan. It is however located 40km away in the north part of Amman the capital of Jordan. This university consists of at least 10 faculties in total that provide over 26 undergraduate programs and 7 postgraduate programs separately and they all are accredited by the Ministry of Higher education in Jordan. Jerash University is also considered to be a member of the International Association of Universities and is also the Federation of the University Islamic.
- Jordan University of Science and Technology: This University is considered to be one of the leading teaching and research center in Jordan and is situated in the middle-east. This institution includes students that are outstanding and the faculty here is also outstanding at the same time. This university has an impact on science and technology on a genuine basis and has been felt regionally and locally at the same time. Here the graduates have initially occupied the vital positions in medical professions such as engineering, architecture, information technology, sciences, agriculture and computer science.
- Mideast Aviation Academy: This academy was initially founded in the year 2000 and is located in Amman near Marka Airport and is known to be a private sector. This academy is however considered to be one of the most important flight schools because of its high-level education and training modules initially submitted by one of the most qualified and trained instructors. This academy has initially gained a lot of good reputation and growth in the fast pace steps because of their strategies that have initially been consistent in all the phases and also aims to graduate the well-qualified pilot or the aviation engineers at the same time as they are ready to serve widely in numerous international aviation fields. This academy was initially ranked as one of the biggest aviation academies in the local and the Arab levels as well.
So, there was a glimpse of the city Jordan and the Universities it includes with the course it provides at the same time. In order to get here, you need to know what if offers and how it benefits you. After having a look above you might get to know about the same. So, what’s the wait to go try and enroll yourself here in order to have a better future ahead?